Gaza Gazette
Gaza

Shells hit a Khan Younis home, gunfire wounds a woman at Nuseirat

Three more people were wounded in Khan Younis a day earlier and a child was hurt by an explosion north of Gaza City, as fire fell on camp streets and residential blocks over two nights.

Shells hit a Khan Younis home, gunfire wounds a woman at Nuseirat

A woman was wounded by live fire around midnight on Friday at the north-eastern edge of the Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza, close to Al-Da'wa Street, local sources said.

The same sources said artillery shells struck a house in the Al-Amal neighbourhood, on the western side of Khan Younis, over the hours that followed. The house belongs to the Abdel Jawad and Safi families. No figure was given for anyone hurt there.

Shelling was also reported to the north-east of the Bureij camp in the centre of the Strip, to the south-west of Khan Younis and to the east of Gaza City, with heavy fire from military vehicles on the southern edge of Khan Younis and illumination flares over Al-Qarara and the south of the city.

Three people had been wounded by gunfire in Khan Younis the previous day. Two were hit in Batn al-Sameen, one of them critically, and a third near the telecommunications company at the Abu Hamid Roundabout, in the east of the city. Artillery struck eastern Jabalia al-Balad and the Al-Tuffah neighbourhood the same day, and an Israeli unit pushed into the Al-Jawani area of Beit Lahia in the early hours of Friday behind heavy covering fire, with surveillance aircraft overhead.

A child was hurt over the same period when an Israeli munition exploded near Al-Safatawi, north of Gaza City, and a drone opened fire west of the Jabalia camp.

None of the places named is a front line. A camp street in central Gaza and a residential quarter on the western side of Khan Younis are the parts of the Strip people were told they could stay in, and a household in either has nowhere further back to move. That is the shape most of these incidents take: not fighting at a boundary, but shells and rounds arriving where families are sheltering, one or two people hurt at a time, on nights that are not otherwise recorded as anything in particular.

Health ministry figures released on Saturday put the number of people killed since the ceasefire took effect in October 2025 at 1,283, with 4,248 wounded. The count of bodies recovered over the same months stood at 813, unchanged from the day before. Since October 2023 the ministry has recorded 73,417 people killed and 174,360 wounded.